james-server-user mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: MSN accounts and DNS
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2003 17:56:34 GMT
> My james email server is just running on my home machine with a
> router and a broadband connection.  Can anyone suggest what I
> can do to keep my machine from looking like one that Open relay
> might be blocking?

Depending upon what they are blocking, possibly not a thing.  My server, for
example, will reject you.  Thanks to the spammers, many servers will reject
connections from DHCP pool mail servers that are not part of their own DHCP.
You are obligated to use a real server, AKA a server assigned a static IP
address, such as your ISP's outgoing mail server.  You can configure
RemoteDelivery to use that server as a gateway.

	--- Noel