james-server-user mailing list archives

From "Danny Angus" <da...@apache.org>
Subject RE: FetchPOP and recipients
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2003 12:27:35 GMT
Steen,

Thanks for this, but I'm sorry to say that we probably won't use it, Fetch is undergoing some
re-writing at the moment to extend it to include IMAP accounts as well, but even so your idea
breaks the principle by which fetch works;

Fetch is intended to insert mail into James' spool where it will pass through mailets and
matchers.
It is intended by design that mail fetched by fetch will be routed by being filtered by mailets
and processed by matchers.
A special matcher exists for this purpose it is used to match mail (only once as it strips
its header to prevent looping) fetched by a named "fetch", it is intended that you use this
matcher and a forward, redirect or alias mailet to route the fetched mail to its new destination.

Don't be disheartened, we like getting contributions, if you do anything else _do_ post it.

d.