james-server-user mailing list archives

From "Labib Iskander, Marcus" ...@cm4all.com>
Subject no connections available - does james really need more than 500?
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2003 13:12:56 GMT
Hi,
after raising the max number of connections to 500 I am wondering how high
it should be.
I have got 13 ToRepository Mailets and 2 RemoteDelivery Mailets configured
connecting to a db.
but after upgrading to james 2.1.2 from 2.0a3. It doesn't start properly
anymore.
could it be connected to that I configured 2 smtpserver blocks?
How high should the max number really be for this configuration?

java.sql.SQLException: Giving up... no connections available.
        at
org.apache.james.util.mordred.JdbcDataSource.getConnection(JdbcDataSource.ja
va:208)
        at
org.apache.james.mailrepository.JDBCMailRepository.initialize(JDBCMailReposi
tory.java:307)
        at
org.apache.james.core.AvalonMailStore.select(AvalonMailStore.java:292)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor2.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at
.java:25)
        at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.application.BlockInvocationHandler.invo
ke(BlockInvocationHandler.java:92)
        at $Proxy3.select(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.james.transport.mailets.ToRepository.init(ToRepository.java:65)

Cheers,
  Marcus