james-server-user mailing list archives

From "alan.gerhard" <alan.gerh...@gercom.com>
Subject RE: POSTMASTER account
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2003 18:24:58 GMT
Yes, SPAM does suck.

I was surprised, though why is a mystery to me - that the
required account would be used for SPAM and other related
subject mater.
In reading the material at rfc-ignorant.org, I get this
uneasy feeling that there really isn't much that be done as
one is faced as being taged as non-compliant vs. being
subject for abuse.

I guess I was looking for an organization(s) that actively
go after ISPs that actively break regulations, but
understand it's fruitlessness. I have heard argument for
harder prosecution of those that break the few SPAMing laws
that are on the books and giving more control to a governing
body ...

You mention that the POSTMASTER account is necessary to
service the e-mail infrastructure, but blocking policies may
be used to balance everyi8tnhg out.

Are these just discussions or is there some firm ideas ??

cheers!