james-server-user mailing list archives

From Steen Jansdal <...@buanco.dk>
Subject FetchPOP and recipients
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2003 09:18:03 GMT
Hi,

I'm totally new with this James mail server, so
please bear with me if I'm talking nonsense.

In my company we have a lot of external mailboxes
that has to be fetched via POP3, and I can see that
James can do that with the fetchpop component.

But I think its difficult to setup in which mailbox
these mails should land.

So I made a little hack. I added the possibility to
specify recipients of fetchpop'ed mails:

<fetchpop enabled="false">
    <!-- You can have as many fetch tasks as you want, but each must

         have a -->
    <!-- unique name by which it identified -->
    <fetch name="mydomain.com">
       <!-- Host name or IP address -->
       <host>mail.mydomain.com</host>
       <!-- Account login username -->
       <user>username</user>
       <!-- Account login password -->
       <password>pass</password>
       <!-- How frequently this account is checked - in
            milliseconds. 600000 is every ten minutes -->
       <interval>600000</interval>

       <!-- Specify zero, one or more recipients ->
       <recipients>joe@mydaim.com,ann@mydomain.com</recipients>

    </fetch>
</fetchpop>

This feature required some small changes i FetchPOP.java, but
it actually worked :-)

What do you think?

Are you interested in implementing this feature. I can send you
my patched FetchPOP.java

best regards
Steen