james-server-user mailing list archives

From Vaskin Kissoyan <vkisso...@lokion.com>
Subject Re: james decided to take a break
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2003 00:49:18 GMT
Hmm, well... I added a few <server> entries to the <dnsserver> element
in the config.xml.

I've got complicated setup with many different networks with VPN tools,
so I figured I was not specific enough.

I was blaming it actually on some setup info that didn't get transfered
over from my upgrade from 2.0a3, however, I just checked and
pretty sure that after I upgraded to 2.1.2, everything was working right
with the default setting of just "localhost" as a dns server.

go figure.

I'm really not sure, as I did not see a way to do a manual "force retry
once"

I had to play with the retry settings and restart James to see how my
config setting changes were working... maybe I'm missing a tool or
command that will let you do this or will let you reload config.xml changes.

Jay Kraly wrote:
> What do you mean DNS changes?  I had what could have been a similar
> problem earlier, it seems to be fixed now but I never found out what
> happened.
>
> -J
>
> Vaskin Kissoyan wrote:
>
>> ALL FIXED

>>> Add <debug>true</debug> to the configuration elements for
>>> RemoteDelivery if
>>> you need to see more detail.  Check the error message field in the
>>> pooled
>>> message to see what caused the message to be re-spooled.
>>>

>> Good to know, I will use this next time. It was DNS changes on the
>> network.

>>> Something is clearly wrong.
>>

>> I was expecting an http interface, I did not realize it was telnet.

Vaskin Kissoyan
Lokion Interactive
vkissoyan@lokion.com
im (aol): vkissoyan