james-server-user mailing list archives

From Don Sykes <alph...@pacbell.net>
Subject Newbie Question
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2003 00:35:49 GMT

Is this the proper way to post a James question?
I created a Wiki page with this question, but then I thought I'd try
this.

I'm Running NT 4.0 and need SMTP desperately (my Alpha server went
bust). I found James which sounds perfect, as I'm a Java developer too.
Anyway here's what I did so far.

1. Install JRE 1.3.1 (I been using JDK 1.2.2)
2. Download
http://www.apache.org/dist/jakarta/james/binaries/james-2.1.2.zip
3. Unzip into C:\Alphase.com.IT\JavaMailserver (no bin or other
subdirectories created)
4. run.bat   gives:
   Using PHOENIX_HOME:   C:\Alphase.com.IT\JavaMailserver\
   Using PHOENIX_TMPDIR: C:\Alphase.com.IT\JavaMailserver\\temp
   Using JAVA_HOME:      C:\jre1.3.1
   Usage: java [-options] class [args...]
           (to execute a class)
   or  java -jar [-options] jarfile [args...]
           (to execute a jar file)

   where options include:
    -hotspot      to select the "hotspot" VM
                  If present, the option to select the VM must be first.
                  The default VM is -hotspot.

    -cp -classpath <directories and zip/jar files separated by ;>
                  set search path for application classes and resources
    -D<name>=<value>
                  set a system property
    -verbose[:class|gc|jni]
                  enable verbose output
    -version      print product version and exit
    -showversion  print product version and continue
    -? -help      print this help message
    -X            print help on non-standard options

Can anyone help.

TIA
--
Don