james-server-user mailing list archives

From Serge Knystautas <ser...@lokitech.com>
Subject Re: error_message and message_state
Date Sun, 02 Mar 2003 23:35:40 GMT
Matt Wiseley wrote:
> Can someone explain how the "error_message" and "message_state" table columns are used
in JDBC message stores? Would these columns ever have any data of interest to a client application
reading the inbox table? I can't seem to get them to have any values other than NULL and "root",
respectively.

They could have useful information, but depends on how your James file
is configured.

error_message is Mail.getErrorMessage()
message_state is Mail.getState()

Mail.getState() translates to what spooler the message is in, be it root
(the default) or error or spam or outgoing or whatever.  The error
message is just text that can be stored on a Mail object and in the
Mailet v3 spec will get enhanced to support generic attributes.

--
Serge Knystautas
President