james-server-user mailing list archives

From "Zeldes, Rick" <rick.zel...@eds.com>
Subject How do I Implement a Proprietary User and Data Store
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2003 19:41:17 GMT
Hello,

I have a Proprietary application User and Data store that I would like to
have an SMTP/POP3 interface to. In other words, my application receives data
from authenticated users and allows authenticated users to retrieve data
that is destined for them. I would like to use James to provide a SMTP/POP3
interface. What is the best way to do this ? Is it possible to develop
Mailets to redirect all incoming data and retrieval requests to my data
store ? I see that there are interfaces to file based repositories and
database repositories. Is there a generalized interface to connect to a non
JDBC proprietary database for authentication and data store ? Looking for
some direction - Thanks....

Rick Zeldes
EDS - ELIT Engineering
* phone: +01-248-265-8388 (8-365)