james-server-user mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Gilmont <e.gilm...@ibelgique.com>
Subject Problem when receiving mail...
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2003 10:19:52 GMT
Hi all,

My James mail server is behing a router/firewall (DLink DI804 for
information). I can send message from my lan and from the Internet, no
problem. People will receive my mails.

So, from the Internet (or from the internal lan, it's the same), I can use
SMTP and POP without problems. Note I use pop3s (port 995) and smtps (port
465).

But...

When I try to send a mail from a webmail account to my James account, I
receive an error telling me my server is not know. Does it means James must
have ports 110 and/or 25 open in order to receive mail from outside ?

Thanks,
Emmanuel