james-server-user mailing list archives

From "Harmeet Bedi" <harm...@kodemuse.com>
Subject Re: How do I Implement a Proprietary User and Data Store
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2003 06:53:46 GMT
> The Application / Data-Store  I am talking about is a legacy - very large
> EDI transport engine (thousands of connected nodes). We are attempting to
> add an SMTP transport to the existing product. The product behaves very
much
> like a mail system

Would it be better to do integration by having synchronization daemon
working on standard protocols. It could
- add/modify users in James to match your app.
- read mail inboxes via POP3 client and put them into your app,
- take your EDI msgs and send them to Mail server via SMTP.
This daemon could poll the inboxes. There would be some latency but there
would be latency in any mail based solution.

Javamail samples as well as FetchPOP code in James could be reused if you
want to do this. It may be a lot easier to have this synchronization than
replacing James repositories. It would also continue to work as James
versions repository interfaces evolve.

Harmeet