james-server-user mailing list archives

From Evan Vaala <eva...@csi.com>
Subject SMTP Relay Possibility
Date Tue, 17 Sep 2002 15:27:33 GMT
Hello,

Will the following config allow smtp relaying?  I am only using james as an smtp
receiver to register e-mail addresses for a valid listgroup.  I do not reply
back to the registering user via James.  I only want James for incoming.  I have
setup my own e-mail stmp to be point to my James receiver.  I am not able to
send outgoing messages.  But can relaying still happen?

If someone were to try to relay from this server with the below config, would my
mailet TestMailet get a Mail object passed to its "service" method?

Any help appreciated!

Thanks!

Here's a portion of my config.xml:

  <spoolmanager>

      <!-- number of spool threads -->
      <threads> 10 </threads>

        <!-- Set the packages from which to load mailets and matches -->
        <mailetpackages>
          <mailetpackage>my.mailets</mailetpackage>
          <mailetpackage>org.apache.james.transport.mailets</mailetpackage>
        </mailetpackages>
        <matcherpackages>
          <matcherpackage>org.apache.james.transport.matchers</matcherpackage>
        </matcherpackages>

        <!-- Processor CONFIGURATION SAMPLE:
             root is the first processor all mails enter -->
        <processor name="root">
           <!-- Important check to avoid race conditions -->
          <mailet match="RelayLimit=30" class="Null">
          </mailet>

          <!-- Check for delivery from a known spam server -->

          <mailet match="All" class="TestMailet"></mailet>
          <mailet match="All" class="Null"></mailet>

        </processor>

  </spoolmanager>