james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Francois-Denis Gonthier <fdgonth...@revolutionlinux.com>
Subject Re: NAMESPACE-Handling fixed (was: Re: Odd IMAP problem with Thunderbird)
Date Thu, 19 Aug 2010 15:31:15 GMT
Hello, Norman

I've pull the last namespace changes. While Thunderbird seems less confused, there are still
some missing features with NAMESPACE support.

For example, I think the MailboxQuery class must have namespace support. I'm having problems
with Thunderbird doing searches like #private.%. This has implications like StoreMailboxManager
calling findMailboxWithPathLike with a mailbox name of #private.%, while the mailbox name
should be .%, with #private as namespace.

I think the findMailboxWithPathLike method is a bit confusing for store authors since it the
MailboxPath it receives is in fact a match criteria.

I'm thinking of cutting namespace support out of my store since it doesn't seem to be equally
well supported on all email client. Thunderbird seems to support it but Claws Mail doesn't
seem care about namespaces. I fear that my target platform, MS Outlook, will bring its share
of problems too.

F-D

--
François-Denis Gonthier