james-server-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: CFP open for ApacheCon Europe 2009
Date Fri, 24 Oct 2008 06:56:32 GMT

On Oct 23, 2008, at 11:00 AM, Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 6:36 AM, Bernd Fondermann
> <bernd.fondermann@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> <snip />
>
> <snip>
>
>>> I haven't seen
>>> any activity on the latter since I got a geronimo-james plugin
>>> sort of
>>> working.  There are a few obvious improvements that ought to be
>>> easy to
>>> implement there by someone who knows how james works a bit but are
>>> too hard
>>> for me with the time I have available.
>>> -- in memory transport for sending and receiving mail
>
> interesting: what did you have in mind?

Aside from possibly using the connection pool, transactional, and jpa
support offered by a javaee app server, it seems to me that the main
reason you'd be running james inside geronimo would be if your ee apps
needed to send or receive mail.  It seems to me that there should be
no need to go over tcp if both ends are running in the same jvm.,
delivery ought to be calling a method directly on the mail server.
Maybe this is already possible..... my ignorance about mail and james
is still almost total.

>>> -- jpa rather than torque
>
> this is on my list but i'd like to cut an IMAP milestone first
>
>>> -- in memory ldap integration with apacheds plugin and the new
>>> ldap centric
>>> apacheds api
>
> LDAP integration would be very cool
>
>>> I would really like to see this integration improved and will help
>>> as well
>>> as I can from the geronimo end of things.
>>
>> +1, although I can't get to this in the foreseeable future because I
>> have already too much in my todo list. :-/
>
> may we'll get to some of it before ApacheConEU

I hope so!
thanks
david jencks