james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Burrell Donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [trunk] -=IMAP
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2008 16:30:04 GMT
On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 9:18 AM, Stefano Bagnara <apache@bago.org> wrote:
> Robert Burrell Donkin ha scritto:
>>
>> i think i'm just about ready to move the IMAP related code (including
>> mailbox etc) out from trunk and into protocols. hopefully, this should
>> reduce the time that trunk takes to build and make the remaining
>> codebase more accessible. i'll probably do a copy-then-prune followed
>> by deletion in trunk. IMAP will be accessible as a set of libraries
>> from pheonix-deployment.
>>
>> any objections?
>
> Can you add somewhere in one of the 2 codebases the list of classes you
> cloned to separate them? I'd like to have a good understanding (even in few
> months) of what we duplicated around.

copies tend to diverge but if you want i will do my best. how would
like me to record this information?

> I checked out the illustrative sandbox but it does not build because of
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JAMES-862. The fixes for that issues
> have been done in trunk and not in the sandbox.
>
> In the illustrative sandbox I see user-api in both product. I guess this is
> not what you intend as the result.. so I'm not sure I understand what is the
> purpose of the sandbox.

the sandbox allowed me to trial the operation and find out what
changes i needed to make in trunk before i could separate the
codebases. it also illustrated how this operation could be performed.

- robert