james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Burrell Donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [jsieve] Refactoring
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2008 17:00:40 GMT
On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 11:52 AM, Stefano Bagnara <apache@bago.org> wrote:
> Robert Burrell Donkin ha scritto:
>>
>> On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 2:24 PM, Stefano Bagnara <apache@bago.org> wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>>> ATM it is almost impossible to make a dependency graph for jsieve because
>>> components are too much interconnected and there are too many cycles
>>> between
>>> packages and classes.
>>>
>>> E.g: IMHO there is no clean separation between parsing and running
>>> scripts.
>>> I hope to be able to do some reorganization of the code/packages once you
>>> will have refactored it.
>>
>> take another look now: it's not done but now's probably a good time to
>> work out how to complete the work
>
> I updated it (and cleaned junit tests), I'll look better at it later.

ok

i may take a look at moving some code around to improve entry and usage

> In the mean time I write some things that IMHO could be done there:
>
> 1) code reformat: use JAMES conventions for this ({ should not be at the
> beginning of lines, mainly). reformatting make it more difficult to track
> changes, so it is better to do that when big refactorings happen (as the
> first or the last change).

i'm agnostic but i agree that using a single convention usually makes
this easier

might as well do this now

> 2) "samples" are currently in the folder but not used by mvn or ant build.
> They depends on james libraries (mainly the javamail-util module) and on
> mailet-api library. Maybe jsieve should be a multimodule too and samples
> should be the second module.. any other option?

not sure

multi-module would allow a couple of additional micro-libraries with
different dependencies to be included

> 3) I don't like ".junit." in the test package. I'm used to tests in the same
> package of the class under test.

+1

- robert