james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: James artifacts on Maven repositories
Date Thu, 03 May 2007 08:40:38 GMT
Stefano Bagnara ha scritto:
> Jukka Zitting ha scritto:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I wanted to experiment writing custom mailets, but found out that none
>> of the James artifacts are available on the central Maven repository.
>> I installed them locally so it's not a direct problem for me, but I
>> think it would be very nice if the artifacts were readily available
>> for Maven projects.
>>
>> BR,
>>
>> Jukka Zitting
>
> Unfortunately, even in you find a pom.xml in the James SERVER root,
> James SERVER is not a maven2 application. We use ant/build.xml to build
> the application. The pom is there mainly for the website generation.

I have to add that ATM we don't distribute the jars alone and that we
don't add the NOTICE/LICENSE files to the jars.

If there is agreement I can deploy maven2 built snapshots for all of our
products into the apache snapshot repository. I know you are at
ApacheCon with Noel: he is the man to be convinced on any M2 topic ;-)

Stefano

PS: an hint: buy a good armor and an helmet before approaching Noel with
the word "maven". Maybe you will better choose to use something like
"the build system hosted on ASF that is not named ant" ;-)