james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RELEASE PLANNING: Memory Leak?
Date Sun, 06 Nov 2005 18:26:35 GMT
I am running another long test of JAMES, with the same configuration as
posted last night.  This time there hasn't been a problem with Derby.

An error in my configuration is causing a pseudo-false positive on a memory
leak, but I'll retest with that fixed.  I have an invalid address in my test
list of addresses.  That means that they go into an address-error repository
in my current configuration.  All of the file system repositories still
"leak" memory, because they keep the entire keyset in memory, and things
like error, spam, address-error, etc., tend to be monotonically increasing.
I've tried to fix that, but haven't had time to get it "right", yet.

I'll get another test going, but if is OK, then perhaps it is alpha time.  I
am still concerned about the Derby-related failure I reported yesterday,
though.

	--- Noel