james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Problems using Derby for stores
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2005 04:39:44 GMT
Daniel John Debrunner wrote:

> I briefly looked around the James site but didn't see any
> instructions on how to set it up for Derby

Actually, JAMES was pretty much already configured to use Derby, just
requiring some commenting/uncommenting of elements in the configuration
file.

For the time being, I have change the defaults so that JAMES will use Derby
in a "dbfile" (DB for the mail records, file system for the message body
content)  configuration for the main spool, the mailbox store and the user
store.  I did not change the outgoing spool or some of the other ancillary
stores, such as a spam trap store.

This configuration won't exercise your BLOB changes aggressively.  That can
be changed by replacing the active dbfile: URLs with db: URLS.

	--- Noel