james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Mohan Embar <gnust...@thisiscool.com>
Subject Building the IMAP2 Proposal
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2005 15:55:01 GMT
Hi People,

I'm new to this list, so please be indulgent. I know you're
in the middle of finalizing a release, so sorry to distract
you. Also forgive me if I should have known the answers
to these questions from the lists (though I've tried to
do a lot of legwork first).

I've been trying to build the imap2 code just to kick the
tires a bit. First, I:

- pulled down
  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/server/branches/imap-dev/
- put copies of activation.jar and mail-1.3.2.jar in the
  right places
- did ant -Dproposal.name=imap2

...and the thing blew chunks with lots of errors

I then:

- pulled down
  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/server/trunk/
- tried to move the imap2 stuff to the main codebase and
  fix imports, .xml and .xinfo files as best as I could
- coerce the thing into building, stubbing out stuff
  here and there

It builds, but dies when I try to run it because of some
Avalon configuration mistake that I don't understand the finer
points of.

Without going into specific details or requiring a lot of
hand holding, I want to simply ask if it is expected that:

- http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/server/branches/imap-dev/
  doesn't build out of the box
- aside from the issues surrounding implementation of a new type
  of imap repository store, if the codebase from trunk has evolved
  significantly from branches/imap-dev to the point that it's non-trivial
  to migrate the imap-dev to the trunk codebase

Thanks again. Any tips for building the stuff and getting it to
run with the memory store implementation would be greatly appreciated.

-- Mohan
http://www.thisiscool.com/
http://www.animalsong.org/