james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Stefano Bagnara" <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: Building the IMAP2 Proposal
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2005 14:20:47 GMT
> It builds, but dies when I try to run it because of some
> Avalon configuration mistake that I don't understand the
> finer points of.

Check the differences in assembly.xml and config.xml between the 2.2.0 and
current trunk.

> Without going into specific details or requiring a lot of
> hand holding, I want to simply ask if it is expected that:
>
> - http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/server/branches/imap-dev/
>   doesn't build out of the box

Yes, a few things have changed from 2.2.0 to current trunk.
Most noteworthy:
Avalon "component" to "service" switch (ComponentManager => ServiceManager,
Component => Service, etc).
MailStore has been removed: you need to provide a Store and to lookup a
Store instead (look at changes in the assembly.xml and .xinfo files).

> - aside from the issues surrounding implementation of a new type
>   of imap repository store, if the codebase from trunk has evolved
>   significantly from branches/imap-dev to the point that it's
> non-trivial
>   to migrate the imap-dev to the trunk codebase

It should be trivial.
Try with the above suggestions. If you need help ask in the list.

> Thanks again. Any tips for building the stuff and getting it
> to run with the memory store implementation would be greatly
> appreciated.

As you already understood it's better to use the trunk codebase and merge
back the proposal.

If you are succesfull in merging the imap proposal please submit a patch to
JIRA with your changes.

> -- Mohan

Stefano