james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Working towards a release
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2005 16:36:38 GMT
Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> Serge,
>>Noel J. Bergman wrote
>>>I am still concerned about the Derby related crash that I saw earlier.
>>>Anyone have a clue?  And is there anything that we need to do to cleanly
>>>shut Derby down?
>>I'm at -0 over using Derby at this point.
> Well, we aren't talking about it being the only database, just the default
> database until a user configures another.
>>my gut was telling me Derby isn't a production grade DB for the
>>type of heavy IO use that James has.
> I am leaning towards disagreeing with you.  Derby is used extensively and
> reliably in commercial products.  I'm not sure what our issue is, so I'd
> suggest that we try to get some help from the Derby folks to evaluate and
> correct our use of it (cc: jta@apache.org).

I'm happy to help. What's the problem? Also --

1) What version of derby is being used? Posting the output from this
command would be the most helpful:

java org.apache.derby.tools.sysinfo

2) Which jdbc driver is being used? (Derby embedded, Derby Network
Client, DB2 UDB Universal JDBC, Object Web C-JDBC, ....)