james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Bernd Fondermann <bf_...@brainlounge.de>
Subject Re: Problems using Derby for stores
Date Sun, 06 Nov 2005 22:53:58 GMT
I set up a local test environment and eventually saw
(a) OutOfMemorys (but only after a longer period of time, with -Xmx64M)
(b) Not being able to terminate with control-c (seemed to be depending
on whether Derby was instantiated or not, but can't confirm that)
(c) unexpected Postal terminations with many users (100.000)

But I am too new to this and would not say that i reproduced exactly
what you saw. I have not been able to isolate problems to the DB-case.

I would like to go on testing especially with two things:
+ Switch between DB/file and see how these two compare
+ Be able to peek into Derby and see if there is really data written to
the DB :-)  (Maybe derby gives some more info on resource consumption)

A few questions turned up while testing:
How many users are you testing (local/external)?
How much heap should be given to James when load-testing?

Just out of curiosity: Why is DB not used for all repos?

-- bernd