james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Serge Knystautas <sknystau...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Working towards a release
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2005 05:25:15 GMT
> OK, I ran another set of tests overnight, and didn't see any sign of a
> memory leak.
>
> I am still concerned about the Derby related crash that I saw earlier.
> Anyone have a clue?  And is there anything that we need to do to cleanly
> shut Derby down?

I'm at -0 over using Derby at this point.  I hate to veto, but my gut
was telling me Derby isn't a production grade DB for the type of heavy
IO use that James has.  Maybe configure it as the default database,
but still leave the file for now?  Or dbfile?

What do you think we should do at this point re: Derby if we don't
have some easy workaround?

--
Serge Knystautas
p. 301.656.5501