james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Merging version 2.2.1 to 3.0 and 3.0 roadmap
Date Sun, 07 Aug 2005 16:14:42 GMT
> If I understood correctly the next release will be 3.0.

I don't particularly care what we call it, so long as we can get it shipped
soon/now.

The current "problem" is that we need to address BXA issues, else I would
have already posted candidates.  I'm hoping that we can get this resolved
soon.

> If you agree I merge 2.2.1 to 3.0 in JIRA so we'll have a better
> overview on what's fixed and what's not fixed and the current
> roadmap.

Some things might then get moved further out, but ... <<shrug>>

> IMHO phoenix dependency removal and refactoring is not a blocking
> issue for 3.0.

Not if we want to release what we have NOW.  :-)

> My own bigger wish for 3.0 is Mailet API refactoring

Again, this would block shipping what we currently have ready.  This might
be a reason to keep this as 2.2x, or to seperate v3 and v4.

> Currently James uses deprecated MailetAPI methods for example.
> I would like to change how recipients are handled

I'd like to see most of that entirely redone, and most of our Cornerstone
dependencies eliminated.

> This will let to me implement full DSN support

I'd rather see us get what we've got ready shipped, without having to wait,
and add the necessary functionality as we go down the road.

	--- Noel