james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: virtual hosting
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2004 09:40:52 GMT
> very simple based on two db tables whereby a user account is mapped to
> any number of aliases. A db driven Matcher/Mailet pair does the work.

We already have that (not released), although it uses a single table and
supports more than just aliases.

> The other issue I have got is that I like block certain ip addresses
> at the connection level, meaning that I like the SMTPHandler to
> refuse/close the connection if the address is in the 'drop' list.

Another thing for which we have partial support, but need to generalize

> why is everything in e.g. SMTPHandler/SMTPServer declared private

To prevent people creating dependencies that we may not want to support.  It
is Open Source.  You are free to change it as you wish.

	--- Noel