james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [PROPOSAL] Release Plan
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2004 05:47:50 GMT
> > S/MIME code?
> This mailet (server side signing) is properly working, and just
> needs to be javadoc enhanced and some ho-to documentation.

:-)

> Outlook Express [considers] as a tampering the fact of having
> the signature not coming from the sender

Microsoft is likely going to have to fix this to support domain keys, unless
that will be the responsibility of the receiving MTA.

> if there is interest I would be quite happy to finalize and commit the
mailet.

If you add it, we can look at the build process and see if we can exclude
some mailets that we're not quite ready to declare as stable.  Then we can
start a library of Mailet API components that aren't part of the standard
distribution.  The matcher & mailet loader makes that practical.

> >  Bayesian code?
> I already promised to commit it to CVS, but but some
> finalization is needed like javadoc, modifications to
> sqlResources.xml or even better serializing the corpus
> to a file for performance.

Or just any serialized stream storage of sufficient size?

> updating the database with statistics about every word
> usage is quite heavy (> one minute per message submitted
> for learning); normal analysis is instead quite fast.

And if the corpus were in serialized form, instead?

> I'm using in production since a long time also a virus-
> check matcher: IsInfected.

What are its dependencies?

> As I always found a lot of perplexity (that I didn't understand)
> in the James lists about virus-check matchers, I never committed
> it to CVS.

I'm not understanding your point.

	--- Noel