james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [PROPOSAL] Release Plan
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2004 05:47:47 GMT
> > There have been problems with some of those attachments, and I
> > would like to resolve them.  So please CC me just this one time
> > when you send your attachments to the list.

> Better idea, create an issue in JIRA and upload it as an attachment. :)

That'll work.  :-)  I can generate my own test data to get the list
configuration squared away.

> > I am in the process of correcting the Mailet API to use 1999-2004
> > based upon the presence of internal dates within the files.  More
> > importantly, things such as FetchMail should be changed [so] that
> > the copyright date is not EARLIER than the code.

> I understand that this isn't really that big of a deal.

I saw those discussions, and had hoped we wouldn't have to go back over the
files, but according to the usage guide posted by Roy, it is a bad idea to
have the date earlier than the code.

> > I'd also like to start using JIRA to record (not to discuss) the
Roadmap.

> Yes, issue tracking is just tracking, not discussing.  Some people
> used Bugzilla to make statements, but I don't like that practice.

Agreed.  :-)

> > > right now JIRA is sending emails to each developer...
> > > should I change notices to instead go to the server-dev
> > > mailing list?
> > I would be in favor of that change, unless you can think of a reason
> > otherwise.
> If notices do not go to the mailing list, then someone has less
> motivation for posting arguments to the issue tracker.

It also means that only people who are members of the developer group are
getting notices.  That is a fraction of any particular list.

	--- Noel