james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject Delegation hides specialization
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2004 14:04:10 GMT
> > Looks to me that if the connection manager is not our
> > SimpleConnectionManager, we won't use the service-specific setting.

> the piece of offending code in AbstractJamesService is:
>   if (connectionManager instanceof SimpleConnectionManager)
> This is never true, as connectionManager is an instanceof Proxy!

Anyone have an idea for how to handle this?

See lines 408-430 of
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/james-server/src/java/org/apache/james/cor
e/AbstractJamesService.java?annotate=1.12 and lines of 362-377
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/james-server/src/java/org/apache/james/cor
e/AbstractJamesService.java?annotate=1.4.4.2&only_with_tag=branch_2_1_fcs

Apparently, the Avalon container is blocking our visibility to our
specialized and extended ConnectionManager:
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/james-server/src/java/org/apache/james/uti
l/connection/SimpleConnectionManager.java

	--- Noel