james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Uwe Rosebrock <...@rosebrock.org>
Subject virtual hosting
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2004 00:54:49 GMT
Hi guys,

I am new to the mailing-list (or rather back), I am currently adding
some functionality to use James in a production environment. For that
purpose I needed virtual hosting. Now I was wondering if you guys would
be interested in that solution,
very simple based on two db tables whereby a user account is mapped to
any number of aliases. A db driven Matcher/Mailet pair does the work.

The other issue I have got is that I like block certain ip addresses at
the connection level, meaning that I like the SMTPHandler to
refuse/close the connection if the address is in the 'drop' list.
Does that sound feasible or would that generate to much overhead?
On that note, why is everything in e.g. SMTPHandler/SMTPServer declared
private, it makes it very difficult to extend efficiently?

Cheers
Uwe