james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Brewin" <sbre...@synsys.com>
Subject RE: subversion (was Re: Sieve needs a home!)
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2004 14:33:35 GMT
Danny Angus wrote:

> > <...> about Sub version?  :-)  Want to be the first James
> <.....>?  We
> are going to have to start migrating to it, anyway, soon enough.
>
> No. That should be a PMC decision, and I think we do it
> once-for-all, when
> we're asked/invited to not before and not piecemeal.
> Moving to subversion is potentially a substantially
> disruptive step and
> while I would welcome the benefit I don't think we should be
> rushing into
> it.
> Splitting the project across two different versioning systems
> offers more
> disadvatages than advantages.

In relation to James I agree. In relation to Sieve I don't.

If Sieve will eventually have to be moved to subversion and the subversion
support is in place, it may as well start out there. As it will be a new,
independent, module it will have no impact on when and how James transitions
to subversion, save for the fact that I may learn a few things which may
help James later.

-- Steve

D. Not sure this will make it through your filter :-)