james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Avalon dependance in mailets
Date Tue, 07 Jan 2003 13:28:40 GMT

Serge Knystautas wrote:
> [...]

This makes me think...

Essentially the Mailet API won't thus provide portability of mailets
between servers, just a common API, right?

Meaning that I cannot simply get a mailet written from James and simply
pop it into XMailServer and hope it to run, right?

This could be a strength and a weekness.
Strength because it's easier to learn, implement and to keep focused in
development .
Weekness because it's not made to make completely portable mailets.

So what about doing a Mailet spec as defined above and define an
additional Avalon Mailet profile, that James could use, to define other
aspects like logging, get db connections, etc?

             - verba volant, scripta manent -