james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Gordon Ross" <G.R...@ccw.gov.uk>
Subject Re: Sticking with one undeliverable message
Date Fri, 08 Mar 2002 15:18:31 GMT
Ok, got another problem then.

I inserted a System.out statement to do some quick and dirty logging in
the deliver() method, but I'm getting nothing back.

Any ideas ?

Thanks,

GTG

>>> sergek@lokitech.com 08/03/2002 14:51:36 >>>
The linear processor (I guess what you're seeing in JamesSpoolManager)
does
not handle mail delivery.  It handles moving messages through the
various
processors, and there's really no reason to delay that.  Remote
delivery is
handled by a mailet called RemoteDelivery and that does use the
accept(delay) method.

The store method in the mail repositories should be setting last
updated
each time.

RemoteDelivery also handles counting the number of retries (you'll find
the
settings to change both the # of retries and the delay to take in the
configuration of the RemoteDelivery mailet)

Serge Knystautas
http://www.lokitech.com/