james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Danny Angus" <da...@thought.co.uk>
Subject RE: Patch for multiple domains
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2002 11:11:51 GMT
we'd be happy to consider your changes, send them to this list as diffs
(either in seperate files or one big file)
if your not sure how to do this read this:
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/source.html section marked "Patches"

Do your diff from the src directory and ensure that you include the whole
ouput from cvs diff including the lines that look like this:

	cvs diff -u java/org/apache/james/transport/mailets/RemoteDelivery.java
	Index: java/org/apache/james/transport/mailets/RemoteDelivery.java
	RCS file:
/home/cvs/jakarta-james/src/java/org/apache/james/transport/mailets/RemoteDe
livery.java,v
	retrieving revision 1.14
	diff -u -r1.14 RemoteDelivery.java
	--- java/org/apache/james/transport/mailets/RemoteDelivery.java	1 Mar 2002
15:58:40 -0000	1.14
	+++ java/org/apache/james/transport/mailets/RemoteDelivery.java	7 Mar 2002
11:04:12 -0000

This makes it easier for us to use "Patch" 'cos it allows it to find the
files it needs to patch

We've been talking around this subject for some while now, and have always
stuck on the issue of user identification.
I suspect that your scheme using mailaddresses as usernames may not be to
everyones tastes, and therefore we ought to make sure that by making your
scheme operational it doesn't preclude any other naming schemes, including
the current one.

d.