james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Mike K" <mont...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: javax.mail.Session access protection (part III)
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
My test shows how you can get the default javax.mail.Session from JAMES. The
JAMESMailSessionHackTest class tries to connect to a SMTP host (in our case
JAMES) and if this successful then it sends an email to the test@localhost
account. To connect to a SMTP host you must have the SMTP host address, an
user account and a password. But in the JAMESMailSessionHackTest class is no
SMTP host address, user account or a password specified. If you do the test
(previous email) then I think you should be surprised then the
JAMESMailSessionHackTest class can send the email even though the connection
could not be established normally. Or?

Bye
michi