james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Samuel Sadek" <samuel_sa...@hotmail.com>
Subject IMAP CREATE command
Date Sat, 09 Mar 2002 16:10:07 GMT
I'm currently testing the IMAP4 server commands, one of which is the CREATE
command.

The problem I'm getting is after successful login into the IMAP server and
have gained an IMAP session accordingly, and have no folders assigned to the
logged-in user, whenever I issue a CREATE command to create say an "inbox"
folder for that user I always seems to get the following error:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Assertion Failed.
        at org.apache.james.util.Assert.isTrue(Assert.java:21)
        at
org.apache.james.imapserver.JamesHost.createAbsoluteMailbox(JamesHost
.java:364)
        at
org.apache.james.imapserver.JamesHost.createAbsoluteMailbox(JamesHost
.java:397)
        at
org.apache.james.imapserver.JamesHost.createAbsoluteMailbox(JamesHost
.java:397)
        at
org.apache.james.imapserver.JamesHost.createMailbox(JamesHost.java:35
7)
        at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.application.BlockInvocationHandl
er.invoke(BlockInvocationHandler.java:91)
        at $Proxy10.createMailbox(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.james.imapserver.commands.CreateCommand.doProcess(CreateCo
mmand.java:36)
        at
org.apache.james.imapserver.commands.CommandTemplate.process(CommandT
emplate.java:81)
        at
org.apache.james.imapserver.SingleThreadedConnectionHandler.parseComm
and(SingleThreadedConnectionHandler.java:341)
        at
org.apache.james.imapserver.SingleThreadedConnectionHandler.handleCon
nection(SingleThreadedConnectionHandler.java:192)
        at
org.apache.avalon.cornerstone.blocks.connection.ConnectionRunner.run(
Connection.java:167)
        at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.thread.impl.ExecutableRunnable.execute(Ex
ecutableRunnable.java:47)
        at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.thread.impl.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread
.java:86)

which suggests to me that the JamesHost.java in method
CreateAbsoluteMailbox(), it recursively seeks for an existing mailbox
(considered as a parent in order to verify the user's ACL rights to create
subsidiary folders which is nonsense in the case for a user for whom I'm
trying to create a first folder for which inevitably gets stuck in an
infinite loop within the mentioned method in JamesHost.java file.

What is the special case for a "root" folder according to IMAP RFC paper?

I would appreciate your comments on this.

Thanks in advance.

Sam.