james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Samuel Sadek" <samuel_sa...@hotmail.com>
Subject Sending mail from an IMAP store
Date Mon, 18 Mar 2002 22:17:43 GMT
Hi there.

I seem to experience some problems whenever I attempt to compose and thus
send mail from a local IMAP store mail account to another local IMAP store
mail account. I ensured that the sender of the mail has the appropriate ACL
settings from INBOX mailbox folder. This is definitely the case I have
placed some debug traces in the JamesHost.getAbsoluteMailbox() method (near
towards the bottom of the method). When I send the mail message I get the
following stack trace of errors:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Did not find a record Mail1016488671359-0 in
spool
        at
org.apache.james.mailrepository.JDBCMailRepository.retrieve(JDBCMailR
epository.java:443)
        at
org.apache.james.transport.JamesSpoolManager.run(JamesSpoolManager.ja
va:204)
        at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.thread.impl.ExecutableRunnable.execute(Ex
ecutableRunnable.java:47)
        at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.thread.impl.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread
.java:86)
java.lang.RuntimeException: Exception while retrieving mail: Did not find a
reco
rd Mail1016488671359-0 in spool
        at
org.apache.james.mailrepository.JDBCMailRepository.retrieve(JDBCMailR
epository.java:483)
        at
org.apache.james.transport.JamesSpoolManager.run(JamesSpoolManager.ja
va:204)
        at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.thread.impl.ExecutableRunnable.execute(Ex
ecutableRunnable.java:47)
        at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.thread.impl.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread
.java:86)
org.apache.james.AccessControlException: Access denied by ACL
        at
org.apache.james.imapserver.FileMailbox.getAllRights(FileMailbox.java
:809)
        at
org.apache.james.imapserver.JamesHost.getAbsoluteMailbox(JamesHost.ja
va:308)
        at
org.apache.james.imapserver.JamesHost.getMailbox(JamesHost.java:246)
        at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.application.BlockInvocationHandl
er.invoke(BlockInvocationHandler.java:91)
        at $Proxy10.getMailbox(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.james.James.storeMail(James.java:468)
        at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.application.BlockInvocationHandl
er.invoke(BlockInvocationHandler.java:91)
        at $Proxy11.storeMail(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.james.transport.mailets.LocalDelivery.service(LocalDeliver
y.java:34)
        at
org.apache.james.transport.LinearProcessor.service(LinearProcessor.ja
va:172)
        at
org.apache.james.transport.JamesSpoolManager.process(JamesSpoolManage
r.java:240)
        at
org.apache.james.transport.JamesSpoolManager.run(JamesSpoolManager.ja
va:207)
        at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.thread.impl.ExecutableRunnable.execute(Ex
ecutableRunnable.java:47)
        at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.thread.impl.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread
.java:86)
java.lang.RuntimeException: Exception storing mail:
org.apache.james.AccessContr
olException: Access denied by ACL
        at org.apache.james.James.storeMail(James.java:483)
[...]

Am I right in deducing that IMAP mail attempts tp ultimately write the sent
message to the 'inbox' POP3 table in the db repository?

How does IMAP store incoming mail for users? Does it write to INBOX folder
as I suspect it should?

Can anyone advise me as to the status of the IMAP protocol under proposal
within JAMES in terms of what IMAP can and can't do with reference to
RFC2060?

I would appreciate some thorough comments and feedback to this as I may
attempt to ratify this implementation myself...

Thanks

Sam.