james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Charles Benett <char...@benett1.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: IMAP CREATE command
Date Sun, 10 Mar 2002 10:21:55 GMT
In IMAP, the folder 'INBOX' is special, viz it always exists and doesn't
have a parent. I'm not sure what the code is doing now, but the way I
think I did it was, when you add a user to James (ie UserRepository) it
created the IMAP INBOX with appropriate ACL rights. This bootstraps you
around the problem you mention. So there are two problems:
1) a user should not be able to authenticate to the IMAP server unless
the administrator has added them, in which case an INBOX must exist.
2) a user should not be able to Create an Inbox.
Also, by the by,
a) users can't delete their Inbox
b) there are constraints on moving or renaming inbox - probably the
system must creat an empty Inbox automatically.
Cheers,
Charles