james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Darrell DeBoer <darr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: IMAP CREATE command
Date Sat, 09 Mar 2002 22:43:19 GMT
Hi Sam,

On Sun, 10 Mar 2002 02:10, Samuel Sadek wrote:
> I'm currently testing the IMAP4 server commands, one of which is the CREATE
> command.

> I would appreciate your comments on this.

My main comments would be that you're working with (less than) half finished
code, and Assertion exceptions are used to indicate that the code has reached
an invalid state. (So, CREATE is not yet working properly).

Earlier in the year I did a bunch of testing what did work in the IMAP
proposal, and refactoring some of the complex code. I didn't add any
functionality (and may have broken things), but I think I made it easier to
continue development.

I think the next step is to completely redevelop the IMAP storage, to reuse
the standard MailRepository components. I'm hoping to get back to this in the
next couple of weeks, but you're *very* welcome to dive in and help. (I'd be
happy to provide assistance, and who knows, it might prompt me to get coding
again as well ;-) ).

ciao
Daz