james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Blas Rodriguez Somoza" <b...@puertareal.com>
Subject Patch for multiple domains
Date Wed, 06 Mar 2002 15:37:34 GMT
Hello

    I'm testing james to use it as my mail server. I see that presently
there is no real support for domains, so I get the code from CVS and try to
make the changes to allow domains.

    I try changing username into a serializable class with user and server
names, after some hours of work I suceed and now I have a version that
supports multiple domains. I have test it with remotemanager, SMTP and POP3
and it works OK for what I test.

    The usernames has the form user@server everywhere there is used
including the mail inboxes.

    Changing the username String into a serializable Class allows to use it
as a key in the repositories, keep the changes minimum and allow easy debug.

    The changes affects 22 classes (excluding the new UserName class).
        James - 6 lines (2 executable)
        AuthService - 2 lines (0 executable)
        AuthServiceImpl - 4 lines (1 executable)
        NNTPHandler - 2 lines (1 executable)
        POP3Handler - 4 lines (2 executable)
        RemoteManagerHandler - 8 lines (8 executable)
        JamesUser - 2 lines (0 executable)
        MailServer - 2 lines (0 executable)
        User - 1 line (0 executable)
        UsersRepository - 11 lines (1 executable)
        SMTPHandler - 12 lines (7 executable)
        AvalonListservManager - 4 lines (3 executable)
        RecipientIsLocal - 2 lines (1 executable)
        AbstractJdbcUsersRepository - 6 lines (4 executable)
        AbstractUsersRepository - 12 lines (2 executable)
        DefaultJamesUser - 7 lines (1 executable)
        DefaultUser - 5 lines (0 executable)
        DefaultUsersJdbcRepository - 4 lines (3 executable) (excluding two
dummy methods needed)
        JamesUsersJdbcRepository - 5 lines (4 executable) (excluding two
dummy methods needed)
        ListUsersJdbcRepository - 3 lines (2 executable) (excluding two
dummy methods needed)
        UsersFileRepository - 23 lines (12 executable)
        UsersLDAPRepository - 14 lines (1 executable)
        MailetContext - 2 lines (0 executable)

        Total = 139 lines (55 executable)

    The change needs to be tested with mailing lists, imap and nntp.

    I want to contribute the changes, it there are accepted.

Regards
Blas Rodriguez Somoza