james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Darrell DeBoer <li...@bigdaz.com>
Subject Re: RDBMS support
Date Sun, 17 Jun 2001 09:41:20 GMT
On Sat, 16 Jun 2001 22:26, Serge Knystautas wrote:
> Excellent!  Glad you went to raw JDBC as well. I'm excited about the
> excalibur code too since I'm was dreading another dependency as well.  I'll
> look at your code for table creation since I'm not sure how you can create
> table in the different databases.

Let me know if you have any luck with the Excalibur connection pooling stuff.
I've played around with it a bit, trying to instantiate a JdbcDataSource
directly and configure it myself. I loaded the driver in my own code, but I'm
getting a "No suitable driver" exception in
JdbcConnectionFactory.newInstance().

Either I'm doing something silly (the most likely), or there's something
going on with ClassLoaders and the like in Pheonix/Excalibur which I haven't
quite grasped yet. (I'm still pretty new to this code).

I think that the ideal solution would be to use the DataSourceSelector block
from cornerstone (then we could share "dburl"s and the like), but once again,
I've got a bit of learning to do before I can slot these things together.

Any help would be appreciated (or even a pointer in the right direction...)

ciao
Daz