james-mime4j-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Testfailures of current mime4j 0.8 snapshot
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2014 19:16:28 GMT
On Thu, 2014-08-28 at 20:33 +0200, Hendrik Dev wrote:
> ok, thing get weird now:
> if i checkout mime4j directly via svn all works.
> if i clone via git from git://git.apache.org/james-mime4j.git then i
> get the above mentioned errors (also for 0.7.2)
> So it seems not to be related to mime4j, seems to be a problem with
> the svn->git bridge (or however this is done)

One can mark files as binary in SVN. As far as I know (I may well be
wrong though) Git does not directly allow for an arbitrary file to be
marked as binary.

The upshot is when cloning mime4j repository with Git one must configure
it to use native line endings (no automatic CRLF to LF or LF to CRLF
translation) for mime4j test suite to work properly.

Oleg