james-mime4j-dev mailing list archives

From Devin Suiter RDX <dsui...@rdx.com>
Subject Build issues - NoClassDefFound - MimeTokenStream
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2014 19:42:01 GMT
Hello all,

I apologize if this seems like a rookie question. Also, I could not locate
a mime4j-user list to submit it to on the project page, since it is really
a user question.

I am trying to parse an email stack dump from raw text into MIME records.
Most of my Java development experience has been in MapReduce, so it is a
little slanted from the traditional Java programming, but this project does
not fit MapReduce pattern, so I am writing in in Java. Harsh J. over at
Cloudera introduced me to the mime4j tool.

When I attempt to run my jar, I get a NoClassDefFound Exception from
MimeTokenStream. I'm using Maven and have mime4j-core, -dom, -storage, and
-benchmark all on version 0.7.2 listed as compile-scope dependencies, and
so I am puzzled why the class is not being imported and packaged with
Maven. I have also manually extracted the contents of
the apache-mime4j-0.7.2-bin.tar.gz archive and this did not help either.

So, I tried to build the archives from source. I downloaded the source from
here:
http://www.apache.org/dist/james/mime4j/0.7.2/apache-mime4j-project-0.7.2-source-release.zip-
I couldn't locate a source-release.tar.gz

Maven tells me the project cannot be built, because the benchmark child
module and the assemble child module POM.xml files are not present. I ran a
tree on the benchmark directory path, and there is definitely no POM.xml in
there.

Thoughts on why the build might be failing? Obviously because the POM is
not there, but the project page specifically references Maven as the build
tool, so why would the child POM not be present? Or is this release not a
good one for me to use, even though it is the most recent?

Sincere thanks for any help you can provide with this.

*Devin Suiter*
Jr. Data Solutions Software Engineer
Google Voice: 412-256-8556 | www.rdx.com