james-mime4j-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: release 0.8.0
Date Fri, 26 Jul 2013 07:20:27 GMT
On Wed, 2013-07-24 at 17:58 +0200, Igor Bogomolov wrote:
> Dear Mime4j developers,
>
> I am using Mime4j in my open source project. I am especially happy
> with MboxIterator as I need to parse .mbox files. But currently it is
> only available in 0.8.0-SNAPSHOT version that is not in the Maven
> Central Repository. When are you planing to make 0.8.0 release? Or
> where can I get built version of 0.8.0-SNAPSHOT?
>
> I know I can build it myself but I would like to point to built
> version other people who would like to use my project.
>
> Thanks,
> Igor

Igor

Since no one else responded here is my take on it. I am afraid Mime4j
0.8 will not be release ready any time soon especially given nobody is
working on it right now.

We could consider bending the release rules, though, by merging
MboxIterator down to the stable (0.7) branch and releasing it with the
next patch release (0.7.3).

Oleg