james-mime4j-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1481814 - in /james/mime4j/trunk: core/src/test/java/org/apache/james/mime4j/ core/src/test/java/org/apache/james/mime4j/parser/ dom/src/test/java/org/apache/james/mime4j/dom/ dom/src/test/java/org/apache/james/mime4j/message/
Date Mon, 13 May 2013 13:34:57 GMT
2013/5/13  <olegk@apache.org>:
> Author: olegk
> Date: Mon May 13 12:13:09 2013
> New Revision: 1481814

> Log:
> Refactored sample message based test suites; fixed frivolous usage of file based resources

Not sure why you call it "frivolous" and think it should be "fixed":
can you elaborate?

That pattern is used in many of james products and is done that way in
order to support full suite and single test execution (where for
single test I mean a specific test for a single "file" resource) in
Maven and Eclipse (via simple GUI right click) and also supported test
execution for the dom module both using the resources from the
filesystem or using the resources from the dependency jar
(core-tests.jar includes file that are used as tests by dom module
too).

I didn't check your refactor so I can't tell if it broke something or
not: I hope to find the time soon to check if it works fine. In the
mean time I wanted to explain why it was written that way and to ask
you to explain the rationale behind the "frivolous" and if there are
technical reasons to refactor it (e.g: did you find issues with
running the tests in a specific environment or using specific tools?).

Stefano