james-mime4j-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1481814
Date Mon, 13 May 2013 18:37:24 GMT
2013/5/13 Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org>:
> On Mon, 2013-05-13 at 15:34 +0200, Stefano Bagnara wrote:
> Prior to refactoring the test suites in question made no attempts to
> release file resources allocated by the tests. File backed resource
> streams were never closed. To me this is quite frivolous, even for test
> code.

Make sense. I admit I've never cared about resource management in
tests (the JVM free them shutting down).

> All other aspects of the test cases remained unchanged. I simply
> factored out bits of bootstrapping code that was common to all sample
> message based test cases.

IIRC the testsuite declaration as a nested class and the code
duplication was needed in order to be able to run single tests in
Eclipse (and maybe in maven, but I don't remember the exact scope of
this statement). So I guess that extracting the common code could have
broken this feature (unfortunately I don't have eclipse on this
computer right now).

I always found very useful to be able to test a single msg file from
the eclipse testrunner (and other junit testrunners) while I'm
debugging/fixing an issue in the parser or similar things, but I'm not
working anymore on mime4j so feel free to do what you prefer.

At most I will fix it again if I will have to work again on mime4j.

Stefano