james-mime4j-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] make most of mime4j immutable
Date Mon, 13 May 2013 15:11:00 GMT
On Wed, 2013-03-27 at 00:09 +0200, Ioan Eugen Stan wrote:
> Hello Oleg,
>
> Pleas do. I've migrated around James components a lot. My focus for
> now is on releasing 3.0.0 and updating the website infrastructure and
> documentation.
> My coding time is very limited, but I'll be more than happy to assist
> you with ideas, code review, push for releases and integrate changes
> in James Server components.
> If you have time look at the way Jackson API is built [1],[2]. It's
> immutable and has a nice API. Documentation and examples are also
> needed. Especially regarding what RFC's we are implementing and what
> RFC's are related to this issue.
>
> Cheers,
>
> [1] https://github.com/FasterXML/jackson-core
> [2] http://wiki.fasterxml.com/JacksonInFiveMinutes

Ioan et al

I am about to take the first cut at the DOM API redesign. If no
objections are raised I am planning to do it on trunk and _without_
preserving backward compatibility with 0.7. If you would rather prefer
me to work on a branch (or keep deprecated 0.7 DOM APIs in place) please
do let me know.

I also would like to make MimeConfig immutable which cannot be done
without breaking API compatibility. Please complain loudly if you think
it is not OK.

Oleg