james-mime4j-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Ioan Eugen Stan <stan.ieu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Issues in Axiom after recent changes in MIME4J
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2013 06:47:10 GMT
Hi Oleg,

I re-factored the code and switched to Java 1.6 language (for-each,
@Overrides, etc). I didn't expect to cause a mess. I didn't expect
people to still require Java 1.5 since it's EOL for such a long time.
There is no right answer to your question, I don't particularly like
having different requirements. On the other hand, I favor moving
forward, although I also recognize the need to maintain compatibility
to older platforms. Ideally we can solve that problem if we ensure
that some branches (like 0.7.x) require Java 1.5, while in new
releases we can require a different Java version if needed. This has
the disadvantage that it will put a harder burden on maintenance.

In our case we can require Java 1.5 for mime4j-core. For dom we can
keep 1.6 or do some work to revert back.

Cheers,

Mime
View raw message