james-mime4j-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Veithen <andreas.veit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Issues in Axiom after recent changes in MIME4J
Date Mon, 01 Apr 2013 08:58:12 GMT
We actually don't depend on any feature in the snapshot version and
Axiom works fine with mime4j 0.7.2. The build is configured to use the
snapshot version to detect regression issues early.

Thanks for switching the Java version back to 1.5. I changed the
dependency back to 0.8.0-SNAPSHOT and I noticed that we get the OSGi
test failure also with certain snapshots built on Ubuntu. I had a
closer look at these builds and I noticed the following error in the
logs:

[INFO] --- maven-bundle-plugin:2.3.7:install (default-install) @
apache-mime4j-core ---
[WARNING] Exception while updating local OBR: Unable to read
repository xml:
file:/home/jenkins/jenkins-slave/maven-repositories/1/repository.xml
org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: Unable to read
repository xml:
file:/home/jenkins/jenkins-slave/maven-repositories/1/repository.xml
    at org.apache.felix.obrplugin.ObrUpdate.parseRepositoryXml(ObrUpdate.java:324)
    at org.apache.felix.obrplugin.ObrInstall.execute(ObrInstall.java:141)
[...]
Caused by: org.xmlpull.v1.XmlPullParserException: unexpected type
(position:END_DOCUMENT null@3:1 in java.io.InputStreamReader@95d728)
[...]

It looks like the local Maven repository is corrupted. This suggests
that the issue actually doesn't depend on the platform of the executor
on which the build runs, but instead on the state of the local Maven
repository of the executor.

To avoid that issue I changed the configuration of the mime4j Jenkins
job to use a private Maven repository local to the workspace.
Hopefully this will solve the issue.

Andreas