james-mime4j-dev mailing list archives

From "Gudi, Ravi Sankar" <ravisankarg.ravisank...@hp.com>
Subject Is There Any Predefined Classes In MIME4J To Quckly Identify Broken MIME Messages ?
Date Sat, 20 Oct 2012 07:05:34 GMT

I am working on email archiving product, on one of our customers system, it is some how lot
of messages got corrupted while ingesting through our own
smtp servers(not the james server), the problem happened in mime headers, here i am giving
you an example mime header which got corrupted

This message contains just a single, small attachment.
(See attached file: AnswersSetup.exe)

--0__=0ABBF0EDDFFF14088f9e8a93df938690918c0ABBF0EDDFFF1408

Due to this problems, the customer was not able to see the message in mail clients(Domino
Web Access), the enitire body section is showing as empty.

I also attached one eml sample which is having broken mime, there were lots of messages ingested
like that, now the customer asking us to identify
such messages and want to fix them.

I would like to know, whether apache mime4j api supports any api classses to find out such
corrupted messages ?
Can you please give me any such details if mime 4j supports the validation and quick identification
of such messages?
This will help me more in such case to identify the corrupted messages on our customer data
center.